Skip to main content

Best Hotel In Phuket- Kamala Beach: Hliton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao Review

Best Hotel In Phuket: Kamala Beach

Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao Review

 Quick Snapshot For Travelers
  • Kamala Beach, Phuket, Thailand  

  • 4 Star Hotel 

  • 4.6 ⭐Reviews on Google 

  • Stayed Fall 2024

  • 1 Thing I Loved The Most- The room decor was sleek and looks very clean. It really gave affordable luxury. Great for solo travelers and female travelers alike. 

  • Personal Passport Stamp Rating:4.5 ⭐from Me

  • Hilton Garden In Phuket Bang Tao

Hilton Garden In Phuket Bang Tao
Hilton Garden In Phuket Bang Tao

Did it pass my initial Vibe Check?                                                   

This was the real beginning of my southeast Asia travel adventures. Phuket was my first stop on my solo traveler after leaving Bangkok. My initial thought when pulling up was that I was so glad that I choose this hotel in Kamala Beach upon landing in Phuket. Patong Beach is more popular, but that is not the energy I wanted for my solo trip in Phuket. Kamala Beach is about 30-40 minutes from the airport, so that was the perfect distance since it was already around dinner time. I arrived when the sun was going down which was beautiful. 

The hotel is down a more private street right outside of the central town area. I saw all of the shops, restaurants and even a grocery store about 5 minutes or less away from the hotel. The best part is that the hotel has a shuttle that takes me to the main city area, as well as to the beach 5 minutes in the opposite direction. Watching the sunset from the open air 1st floor was really nice as I checked in. Check in was very easy and quick, which was perfect because I wanted to catch the shuttle back to the central town area. The hotel gives a very comfortable and clean feel, which I can always get with. The front desk are was not packed at the time of the day so that made the process seamless for me to get back out quickly.

Let's Do A Rundown of the Rooms

I stayed in the single king room which was very clean and spacious. Room has white sheets and very nice blue and brown vibe that was very nice. The bed was on the right side which for whatever reason is always my preference. Tea, coffee and water were complementary and the huge wall mirror right by the door. There was also a night wall attached desk that didn't take up too much space and a seating area over by the patio. The extra seating area is great to sit to work or watch the sunset in the morning. The bathroom was also very clean and not nearly as small as I anticipated. All of the back lighting is great for putting on makeup or skin care routines, which women know is NOT standard, but always greatly appreciated. 
Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao

The functionality of the room was perfect for me and although simple design was used, it gives a very clean vibe. I was very glad not to see anything out of place. Not sure if the rooms was recently renovated but they looked newer. Hilton normally in my experience does a great job with the cleanliness of the hotels, and this one was not the exception. After the flight and drive, this room was perfect. I was put on the 6th floor with a room that was facing the back of the property. I personally didn't mind this because I prefer to mind my business and not have people on the street with view into my room. The 6th floor isn't high enough for my preference, so facing the back of the property was fine. There was so much construction so the view wasn't the most picturesque, but it wasn't obstructed at all. I was able to see the sky and all the beautiful clouds after the rain. The view served the purpose I needed so  it was perfect. 

Luxury Amenities & Hotel Standouts

Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao
The property has a restaurant on the first floor by the front desk that serves breakfast and donner on site so you really don't have to go anywhere. This came in handy when it rained because I could just go downstairs to  eat without having to get wet or wait on long delivery times. I did not get breakfast included in my rate just because I am a rather picky eater. Room service was available as well if you want to have a more restful day in. There was also a micro store if you need to purchase a few essentials, snacks or water. Beside the micro store were tables and chairs where one could sit to work if needed. I don't think it was technically a business center but I Upstairs the gym is very sleek, not too small but exactly what you would need on a vacation in Thailand. 

There was also two amazing rooftop pools. One was great if you want to sit in the pool and the other is great if you want to sit by the pool or get a nice tan sitting off the edge of the infinity pool. The view from the pool was beautiful!!!!!  I loved how the pools were raised or on a deck of some sort, that elevation was a nice touch even though you are actually on the roof. There was not a spa here, but I don't go to hotel spas in places like Thailand. There are literally massage shops on every corner. The shuttle can take you there as well as the beach that is right down the street. Although you can definitely walk to the beach with all the construction and mud left from the rain, getting a ride would be best. 

What's the Tea on the Location?

The area is walkable but with caution. There have a lot of construction going on in both directions of the hotel (towards the beach and towards the little shopping center area in town). There was also construction in the back of the hotel but not in the front. The area is going to be coming up and look completely different in a couple years. I was very surprised at how early everything in the area closed. I always walk around the area to see what is nearby and accessible. There are restaurants, a few bars, a grocery store, a cigar shop, a few cute ice cream shops and a couple of dispensaries. 

Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao
Kamala Beach is about 30 minutes from the airport which is really convenient in comparison to staying in Patong Beach. When arriving at Phuket airport you have to walk outside of the gate to get picked up. The drive to the hotel was a nice route and the hotel was easy to fine. It's right on the main street so it is super easy to find. It's common knowledge that Thailand is generally safe & this area is no different. The area seems very family friendly and would be great for couples and  if you are looking to relax. Everything you know about typical Phuket, isn't as applicable here. It's a very chill and quiet area over all which was a great since I was going to Patong Beach next. 

Customer Service Presence

The front desk staff was available and ready to check me in with no wait upon arrival. There was staff at the door to help take luggage upstairs which is always nice especially when you are traveling solo. The woman at the front desk was able to assist with my requests and I was able to check in quickly. I was also able to speak with the Sales Manager to get a tour of the property which was also a nice experience. Overall the staff was nice and accommodated me as I needed.                      Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao

What I Loved vs. What Would Love If


I loved........

  • the open air entrance
  • the color pallet of the rooms
  • the access to the use of the shuttle

I would l love if ......

  •  there was a remote check in process
  • offered later check out options
  • construction was completed around the area & view looked more sleek

Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao

    To Stay Again or Not Stay Again

    I would stay here again. I don't have any reason why I wouldn't. I liked the energy of the property. If you are looking to do anything outside of partying, this is a great place. It's nice to be able to come to Phuket and not have to see all of the tomfoolery that it's known for. What more information on Thailand travel and relocation?

    Loved this hotel?

    If you want to book here, I would be happy to plan this or any amazing vacation for you. I'm living in Thailand right now, so I am the person to plan your perfect experience!
    Just complete the Travel Curation form here.

    You can also book this hotel yourself on Agoda.com, just click the photo below. best hotel in phuket 

    Need to book activities also? Check out Klook, they have some great options in the Phuket area.

    Hope you enjoy stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Kamala Beach. 

    Comments